Partly cloudy · 52°
Lyon County Courthouse
206 S. 2nd Ave, Suite 301
Rock Rapids, IA 51246
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The County Attorney DOES:
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors, county, and township officers concerning county matters.
- Represent and defend the state, county, and its officers in officially related cases.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and child in need of assistance cases.
The County Attorney DOES NOT:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds, or other legal documents for private individuals.
- Prepare wills, deeds, or other legal documents for private individuals
Investigate crimes, complaints, or child abuse. Please contact law enforcement or child protective services, in case of an emergency dial 911.