County Attorney Payment Plans
County Attorney's Payment Plan
This payment plan will NOT affect the status of your driver's license. This plan will NOT prevent suspension of your driver's license for non-payment of traffic tickets. For a payment plan for your Iowa driver's license, please apply for the Driver's License Reinstatement Program.
For this payment plan please fill out the County Attorney's Payment Plan Application.
Driver License Reinstatement Program (DLRP)
If your Iowa driver license has been suspended or soon will be suspended due to nonpayment of fines you may qualify for the DLRP payment plan.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Driver License Reinstatement Program (DLRP):
- You are trying to obtain a driver license in Iowa, not another State
- Only unpaid traffic fines in Lyon County, Iowa will be eligible for DLRP. Any "Out of State" fines are holding up your driver license cannot be added to the DLRP.
- Any DOT Civil Penalties and/or Small Claims judgments as a result of an auto accident must be satisfied before applying for a DLRP. To determine if you owe a civil penalty, please contact the DOT at 1-800-532-1121.
- You will not qualify for DLRP if your license is suspended due to delinquent Child Support.
- Applicant will be REQUIRED to obtain and maintain financial liability coverage (automobile insurance). If you do not own a vehicle, you will be required to purchase and maintain a Non-Owner's Insurance Policy. Proof of Insurance must be presented within 30 days after submitting the application.
- The applicant is required to complete the following if required by the DOT:
- Substance Abuse Evaluation
- Obtain an Ignition Interlock Device
- Drinking and Driving Class
- Additional requirements may be needed.
The processing time for acceptance or rejection of your DLRP application may take up to two (2) weeks. You will receive notification from the DOT.
Submit Your Application
Submit your application along with the Wage Assignment Form or Automatic Credit/Debit Card Authorization (if applicable) via:
Fax: (712) 472-3780
Lyon County Attorney's Office
206 S. 2nd Ave, Suite 301
Rock Rapids, IA 51246