Certified copies are $15.00 each.
You will need a valid ID or driver's license, be at least 18 years old and have entitlement.
If you are applying for a certified copy through the mail, you must fill out the application with your signature notarized, and we need a copy of your valid ID or driver's license and a money order (made out to the Lyon County Recorder and signed by remitter). Please send everything to the Lyon County Recorder at 206 S. 2nd Ave, Suite 203 Rock Rapids, IA 51246.
If you have any questions, please call (712) 472-8528
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
Certified copies are available from our office if:
- The event took place in Iowa between 1954 - Present
- Certified copies can be obtained through any Iowa County Recorder's Office or the State Office for events during these dates.
- The event took place between 1880 - 1921 and 1941 - 1953*
- And the event occurred in Lyon County
Otherwise, the record is at the State office. Request a record through the Iowa Department of Public Health website by clicking "Request Record" below.
*We do not have records from July 1, 1921, through June 30, 1941. They are only at the State Office.
They are $5.00 cash/each.
Photocopies are available if the death event occurred:
- In Lyon County
- Between 1880 - June 30, 1921, or July 1, 1941 - Present
The Record will be noted, "Not for Legal Purposes."
Our Contact Information:
Lyon County Recorder
206 S 2nd Ave, Suite 203
Rock Rapids, IA 51246
Phone: (712) 472-8528